Background to the Training
Amanda developed Depth Enquiry over a period of 9 years, following her own training in EMDR in 2011 and her experiences of using EMDR with clients.
It became clear to her that she could take her clients deeper and could make faster, more lasting changes in them by incorporating Gestalt understandings into the process. (Amanda’s original psychotherapeutic training was in experiential Gestalt.)
Amanda started to call this amalgam “Depth Enquiry” – an enquiry into the psychic depths that underpin trauma and hold it locked (as in a fixed Gestalt).
Amanda found it exciting to see how long-held sufferings could be relieved by such a gentle and non-invasive process.
She quickly realised that the process could be valuable to other therapists seeking change for individuals affected by PTSD, so commenced her training workshops. These workshops have been warmly received and therapists report deep learnings as well as an engaging and enjoyable experience.
Amanda’s Depth Enquiry workshops for therapists are held from time to time in Sydney, Australia. These are 3 day experiential workshops involving theory, demonstrations, practice, feedback and supervision. An extensive manual is provided to participants.
In this format there are 19 hours of Professional Development. A training certificate for PD requirements is provided to participants.
Three Day Workshop: Fri 05 – Sun 07 March 2021
- This is a highly interactive course with lots of practice time. Amanda does demonstrations and there are personal experience exercises.
- The room in Woolloomooloo is central to transport and cafes. It’s about a 10-15 minute walk from the city and near Kings Cross station.
- Morning and afternoon tea are included and you will need to provide your own lunch. There are lots of places nearby to buy food or you can bring your lunch – there is a kitchenette.
- There are a number of locations nearby (City, Kings Cross and Darlinghurst) if you’re looking for accommodation.
- You’ll need a smartphone and a simple headset, plus the BSDR (Bilateral Sounds Desensitization and Reprocessing) player app. The app is available for iOS and Android.
- On Friday and Saturday the workshop attendance times are 9am – 5pm and on Sunday, 9am – 4pm.
- The workshop counts as 19 hours of Professional Development. A training certificate for PD requirements is provided.
Suite 4, 144-146 Cathedral Street, Woolloomooloo, Sydney.
Cost, Payments, Cancellations
- The early-bird workshop cost (3 days) is $775, for payments made up to 31 Jan 2021.
- The cost is $900 from 01 Feb 2021 onwards.
- To pay by EFT, please contact Amanda and she’ll send you Bank details.
- Alternatively, you can pay below by PayPal (fee 2.5%).
- To pay by Credit Card, please phone Amanda and give her your Card details (fee 1.5%).
- Cancellation policy: $100 charged for cancellations received in writing at least 30 days prior to the workshop start date. No cancellations accepted within 30 days of the workshop start date.
- All amounts include GST.